On a national level, The Danish Chemical Society
- Organises lectures, discussion meetings and courses for its members. See News and Events.
- Conveys nomenclature to specialists and laymen through its Committee for Nomenclature.
- Contributes to the journal Dansk Kemi for example through appointed members of the editorial board.
- Supports chemistry-related activities of individuals and groups through grants.
- Presents Ellen og Niels Bjerrums Kemikerpris at its Summer meeting and appoints two representatives to the price committee.
- Appoint a member to the board of Kaj Linderstrøm-Langs Guldmedaillefond.